Students at Mylor Primary School learn to understand themselves and others, and manage their relationships, lives, work and learning more effectively.
To connect with nature, we go on well-being walks as a whole school.
Students are engaged in the following activities:
- Paying attention 1: Mindfulness
- Paying attention 2: Purposeful breaks
- Understanding your emotions 1: Classroom safety
- Understanding your emotions 2: Working with emotions
- Coping with stress: Managing change
- Setting goals and healthy habits: Positive futures
- Setting goals and healthy habits 2: Hopeful thinking
- Using your strengths: Building character
- Using your strengths 2: Empathy
Students with well-developed social and emotional skills find it easier to manage themselves, relate to others, develop resilience and a sense of self-worth, resolve conflict, engage in teamwork and feel positive about themselves and the world around them.